Are you concerned about your baby, toddler, pre-schooler or school aged child’s development? At GymbaROO we offer a one-on-one consultancy service that is based on strengthening a child’s neurological development – the basis for all moving, learning and thinking skills. Utilising natural movement patterns, the GymbaROO neuro-developmental program aims to assist your child to establish key foundational brain pathways essential for higher learning skills.
Neuro-developmental Education offers real results for children. It is one of the most significant developments in overcoming learning difficulties and behavioural problems.
What is the neuro-developmental approach?
A GymbaROO consultant is trained to identify neurological immaturities, which have an effect on how a child functions, is able to learn and to behave. The program is then individually designed to ameliorate the sensory, motor and perceptual obstacles, which hold a child back from success. Very specific developmental exercises are provided to train the brain to process and manage multi-sensory input, assist the functioning of the motor system and develop perception, which lie at the heart of learning.
Assessment includes the child’s sensory functioning, motor, perceptual and neurological capabilities. It includes evaluation of the child’s visual and auditory capacity and powers of communication. Nutrition and health may also be addressed.
Assessment may take 1 to 3 hours depending on the age of the child.
Parents are requested to fill in a Case History form prior to the initial appointment. Both parents are requested to attend.
Who will benefit?
The Program will benefit babies to secondary aged students with:
- Developmental Immaturities
- Babies who have delayed or missed key developmental milestones.
- Toddlers who are late walkers, may have missed crawling, are scared of climbing, are not keen to explore and/or who cling to caregiver excessively.
- Pre-schoolers who are not hopping, marching, skipping, have delayed speech and/or are very anxious when separated from caregiver and/or may have ‘greater than expected for this age group’ behavioural issues.
- School aged children who have:
- Learning Difficulties
- School Readiness Delays
- Academic Under-achievement
- Attention Deficit Disorders
- Autistic Syndromes
- Behavioural Abnormalities
- Poor Learning Motivation
Healthy neurological development underpins later social, emotional and academic success.
What does a neuro-developmental program involve?
- A personalised home program is tailored to assist the child to achieve success.
- Instructions and demonstrations are provided for each exercise or task.
- The program can be 10 to 20 minutes in length and may be carried out once or twice daily. This varies, depending on the age of the child, the severity of the difficulty and home circumstances.
- Careful attention needs to be paid to instructions and the duration of each developmental exercise. Best results are achieved from parents who have understood the problem and who are motivated to work with their child at home.
- Resource materials are available to parents to help understanding and to achieve results.
- Parent and child are encouraged to learn how to address the problem together.
- Intensity, frequency and duration will make the difference to the program.
When can parents see benefits of the program?
It is likely that parents will see results in weeks, but the complete benefits of the program may take many months, due to the rate it takes for the brain to be retrained to become more efficient and effective.
|The GymbaROO neuro-developmental program requires children to participate in a twice daily activity program. It is useful to compare the therapy program to practicing the piano. It is through practice that the child becomes proficient – the more they practice, the more proficient and skilled they become. So it is with the GymbaROO neuro-developmental program. Two 15 minute sessions a day over a period of several months will bring more improvement than just a little bit of practice here and there.|
A GymbaROO consultant may also recommend the following therapies:
- Dietary. It is not uncommon for children with developmental immaturities to have food sensitivities. At GymbaROO consultancy we have found that a neuro-developmental program run in conjunction with dietary modifications is likely to have more rapid and successful outcomes.
- Referral to a Paediatric Physiotherapist, Paediatric Osteopath or Paediatric Chiropractor.
- Sound therapy may benefit children with certain difficulties.
|Peter, aged 4 years had such a challenging behavioural problem that his parents said they had World War 3 every night! Peter’s parents were wonderful, it was not their fault that Peter was difficult. The culprit was artificial colouring, flavourings and tomatoes! Peter was referred to a specialist in this area and his difficult behavior improved immediately the offending foods were removed.|