Level 9 – Flying Foxes (4.5 Years to 10 Years)
A class for children currently attending full time school.
A neurologically based movement program, like GymbarOO, can help ensure your child is ready for learning
Flying Fox Activities – Approved Creative/Active Kids Program
- Music and Rhythm
- reflex integration exercises
- fine motor skills
- cross pattern exercises for laterality
- sensory motor program
- aerobic fitness
- perceptual motor program
- balance and co-ordination
- sequencing activities
- parachute games
- confidence building
Level 9 Flying Fox Classes suit children who are:
- enjoying participating without parents
- ready for challenging balance and motor tasks
- following complex instructions
- attending Pre-primary or full time school
- born between 1/1/14 to 31/12/09
Children who attend GymbaROO develop:
- Listening skills and the ability to follow directions.
- Positive self-esteem and confidence in a group situation.
- Social skills e.g. turn taking, cooperation, ability to function as part of a group.
- Self-help skills e.g. independence and recognition of belongings.
- Strong hands and fingers (and backs and arms) ready for writing.
- Visual and auditory processing skills ready for learning.
- Awareness of pattern and rhythm ready for maths.
- Well-developed balance, coordination and gross motor skills to help ensure your child’s brain and body is ready for learning.
- A sense of fun.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Automaticity of key motor skills
- Excellent balance & coordination
- Swings smoothly across the monkey bars
- Works well with peers
- Enjoys reading
- Good visual & auditory memory
- Starts to think creatively
- Concentrates without tiring easily
- Follows a complex pattern of taps or beats to music
- Able to follow a sequence of 6-8 instructions
- Is motivated and enjoys learning
- Can filter distractions, prioritise tasks and achieve goals
If you have concerns about your child’s School Readiness contact our Jump into Learning Consultancy for further assistance.